Life is so crazy with a 5 1/2 month old! Like I have to tell you all that, right? This is the first time I have been online in a week!
We have been doing good. So much has happened in the month since I visited last. Trevor has two teeth now! Can you believe that? Teeth! He also sleeps through the night now (knock on wood!) and I feel like a new girl! He is a good little eater, he tried oatmeal for the first time this morning and he loved it. He hates the proteins, so we are trying those again later. He has also become a paci baby! One night when he was teething he was super fussy so I stuck his paci in his mouth....he loved it! Now he constantly has his paci. Ugh! I don't mind it, I will just hate to break him from it when he gets older. He is such a little ham, I will post some pics soon, I just have a million of him :)
My first mother's day was amazing! "Trevor" sent me two dozen roses to school last Friday (my kids loved it-Trevor signed the card!) and we went to brunch up in Knoxville with my mom on Sunday. We got both of the grandmothers Shutterfly photo books of Trevor, they both cried! These are SUCH great gifts! It was such a memorable day for me!
On a sad note, Kent's favorite uncle passed away on May 2nd. He had advanced lung cancer and he passed away surrounded by family, so it was peaceful and everyone got to say goodbye. That was a rough week for us, he was such a good man and he was taken so quickly from all of us. The cancer advanced in just months, so sad.
I am so excited about this summer! Only three weeks left until summer break! I am also really excited because I got my contract today.....this was a stressful thing this year-budget cuts suck! Our system was really lucky and got to hire everyone back, we were sweating it for a while though! Oh, good work news....the senior class at school voted me their favorite teacher! OMG, this is the best award I have ever received! I bawled like a baby when I was told, it means so much that the KIDS picked me from all of the awesome teachers at my school. I am so honored!
I miss you all, I can't wait until I have more time to come by and ramble like this! :)
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Dana,
It seems that things have been going great at your house. I'm so excited you got your contract renewed, that's really great.
TWO TEETH? How does that happen? Seriously!
I can't wait for more pics of the babe.
YAY SUMMER!!
Sending many many birthday wishes to my birthday twin!
Happy birthday, Momma. Hope it's the best you've ever had!!
Post a Comment