Trevor Lee!
He made his grand appearance on Thanksgiving (11/26) at 11:03 pm. He was 7 lbs. 10 oz and 20 3/4 inches long.
Birth Story (long and rambling....sorry!) :
We went to eat with Kent's family at Cracker Barrel for lunch as planned. After lunch MIL and FIL took Courtney to visit some family in the area and BIL and SIL came back to our house to hang out. On the way home I noticed that I felt icky. I really just chalked it up to being 40 weeks pg. and just feeling awful. When we got home, we were all vegging watching "Jaws" (lol) and I felt something weird when I sat up. I thought, "oh crap, I just did it again, that is pee!" so I went to the bathroom and put one of those amniscreen pads on that my dr. gave me a long time ago. So, no biggie, I came back to watch the movie and I REALLY noticed something coming out. I get Kent and we go to the bathroom.....the pad indicated that it was amniotic fluid! My water broke!!! So, we call my dr. and they tell me to head to the hospital!! We throw everything together (we THOUGHT we were so prepared....yeah right!) and head up to the hospital. When we get there they take us in the little triage room and the girl does the test to make sure it is really amniotic fluid. She then tells me that the test is negative!! I KNOW it is my fluid, I could NEVER pee that much! So another girl does the same test and it is positive so we are admitted. As soon as we get to our room they check me (still 3cm, but 90% effaced) and then start me on pitocin and saline IVs. The pitocin took ohhhh about 45 mins. to kick in and I started having some kick butt contractions. Really, this is the worst pain that I thought I had EVER felt! After about an hour of them coming every 2-3 mins. I gave up and requested the epidural. The anesthesiologist was there within 15 mins. but he had to poke my back at least 8 times to find the spot! That was worse than the contractions, I can honestly say THAT was the most painful part of all of this (he kept hitting nerves and my vertebrae!!) I was so afraid he was going to tell me that I couldn't have an epi, I would have DIED! After I got the epi all was good in the world. I felt NOTHING! They checked me an hour after the epi and I was 6 cm and 100% effaced.....an hour later......9cm and 100% effaced......10 mins. later I was pushing!! I pushed maybe 15 times and it wasn't hard at all-they were more tiring than anything. At 11:03pm he made his appearance! I was so surprised at how fast it all went, I thought it would be sometime Friday he would be born, it was less than 8 hours from my water breaking to his birth!!
A few things happened that were unplanned....His heartbeat was really high because I had a fever and they were not sure what was causing it. So, we both got a big ole shot of antibiotics and we are fine now! The dr. had to use the vacuum on his little head because he came out facing the right, but she said that decreased my push time by at least an hour. He just had a little bump that is gone already :). I have 22 stitches in my girly parts, but really it isn't that bad. I am just a little sore but it isn't as traumatic as 22 stitches down there sounds! My dr. didn't deliver him, but one of her partners who is AMAZING did. I am so glad she was on call, she made me feel so informed and at ease. And OMG, the labor and delivery nurses....they are SO great at the hospital where we delivered!
Kent is the best man in the world, seriously. He held my hands when I was having contractions, helped me when I pushed, cut the umbilical cord and is the BEST daddy! He loves on Trevvie and takes such great care of him. I knew he would be a good daddy, but this is just amazing to me! I will have to upload some pics. this week of them together and you can just see how much he loves him. And Trevor knows it....Kent can calm him instantly, we call it the mojo :)
Breastfeeding is going great. Trevor is a champion feeder. He had a little problem our second day in the hospital latching on, but we got the lactation consultant to show us some tricks and we have been home free since. Just a few mins. ago he fed for almost 45 mins, he was such a hungry little boy! He is sleeping pretty well too (knock on wood) he gets fussy sometimes but if he is held for a while or gets his paci he is out like a light! Sleep for us is going good too. We were SO tired when we got home from the hospital (I think we slept 5 hours in 2 days) but for the past two days we have slept in shifts and when Trevor sleeps.
Molly and Bay are doing well with him. Molly pretty much ignores him and Bay is what we call, "little mama". She gets SO upset when he cries, she checks on him and is always at my feet when I feed him. It is so sweet!
So, that is my mommy update for today! We are so in love with him, I just can't believe that he is here and he is ours!! Awww...hormones...now I am going to cry :) :)


5 comments:
CONGRATS!!
I'm so excited that he is finally here and what a handsome guy!! I can't wait to hold him.
I love this post. It's so wonderful to hear the new Mommy first week posts. They are the best. And you truly do fall in love with your hubby all over again for new reasons. Aren't they amazing together?
The birth went great it seems and I'm so glad it was quick and easy for you. Wondering that Kent was so helpful and wonderful and I'm so so so so happy for the two of you!
Congrats again and I can't wait to see more pics
I'm so happy for you and your new little family. Trevor looks like such a doll. I'm glad that everything went well with his birth and I hope you enjoy this precious time together.
Dana he is absolutely wonderful!! Can't wait to get to meet him in person. Loved reading your birth story! Take care!
Congrats Dana! How cool he was born on thanksgiving. He is adorable. Glad to hear BFing is going great!
Congrats Dana! He is absolutely beautiful. It is amazing to see your husband in that new light. I am so happy for your little family!!
Post a Comment