Wednesday, July 1, 2009

To Take Childbirth Classes or Not?

Posted by Dana at 9:22 AM
I got an email from the hospital where I'm thinking we are going to deliver with all kinds of juicy info. about delivery! One thing they have are childbirth classes....are they needed? Did you all take the classes? You all know, being a teacher, I want all of the info!! I want to know everything that is going to happen and I don't really want any surprises when we are delivering. Also included in the fee is breastfeeding classes, which I really want to take so I know what all of the tricks are! I just want to make sure these are worthwhile classes and we aren't wasting 5 weeks on them!

I am feeling lots of little baby movements! Every once in a while I feel little flutters and I am loving it! It is amazing to know that he/she is really in there kicking around :)

I splurged this am and ran to McDonald's and got a chicken biscuit.....omg it was so good! I have to have protein in the morning or I am soooo sick all day. If I get my protein, I am a happy camper and I can eat whatever the rest of the day. Weird huh?

I'm on my way out to get my new Jefferson Bass book from the library, "Beyond the Body Farm" Ohhhh, I can't wait to read it! I will get nothing done for the rest of the day.... :)

7 comments:

Onna on July 1, 2009 at 11:32 AM said...

I can finally post a comment from work :) Yippee!

I did not take the childbirthing classes, I did however take the breastfeeding class and was glad of it. My mom went with me instead of James but it was informative!

CHICKEN BISCUIT *drool* OMG I love them! Have fun reading your book. I'm anxious to hear what you have to say about it!

Onna on July 1, 2009 at 11:33 AM said...

Oh and LOVE the design you got going on!

Also, LOVE the flutters. That was the best part of being pregnant to me and what I miss the most, those movements!

Dana on July 1, 2009 at 6:14 PM said...

Yeaa! So glad you can visit from work now!

I'm glad you said that about the breastfeeding class, I thought that I would go alone to that one, I'm sure Kent wouldn't love going....

I thought the flutters were something else, but they keep happening so I am almost sure that is little one kicking around in there! It is amazing, I just wish they were more frequent!!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! Send me a text so you can read my blog. I'm not sure what email to list.

Flutters are the best and most amazing feeling ever. I'm so glad you are experiencing them.

I didn't take any classes. No help there. Let's get together next week!

Daya on July 1, 2009 at 7:34 PM said...

I didn't take any childbirth classes either. We just went through the hospital tour.

Yay for baby movements! It is the coolest thing knowing there is a little person in there! :)

Anonymous said...

We took the classes and I found them somewhat informative. I know Matt did more so than me, lol.

I love that you are feeling flutters. I miss them :( Enjoy them!

Jill on July 2, 2009 at 2:11 PM said...

The only class I took was the BFing class which it was informative but I feel you learn so much more and get the hang of it when your baby actually gets here.

Awwwww baby movements are the best!

Post a Comment