Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Update!!

Posted by Dana at 2:36 PM
Hi everyone, sorry for not dropping by in a while...we have been crazy! Trevor is doing great, he has gained back to his birth weight, so we are still exclusively bf. It has been one of the most difficult things so far, but I am so glad I didn't give up :). I went through a few days where the formula looked really good...but I toughed it out (or you can say my boobies did)! Other than that, I am adjusting well, it is such a challenge to get everything done during the day-Trevor loves to be held! As soon as I put him in his crib, it is instant meltdown....we are going to try the sling carrier today and see if I can get anything accomplished ;).

Kent and I are doing well adjusting too....mostly- I think he is a little frustrated at me....I have started a bad habit...I fall asleep with the baby after feeding on the couch (don't worry, he is TOTALLY safe-I make a little pillow fort for him) and never come to bed. This goes back to Trevor loving to be held...he will sleep HOURS if I hold him and that means I get HOURS of sleep at night. If we do the crib, he is up every hour just being fussy (and I'm up with him since Kent is working and I am off). Totally selfish, I know. I am going to break this habit...tonight. I also feel like I need to get it together...I have just let things go at home and with me (I am wearing a shirt with baby spit up on it right now....who IS this new person?) It is just hard to stay caught up with Trevor, the house and me. I feel like I am disappointing Kent, he hasn't complained or said anything like that but I just feel that is the undercurrent. He usually calls me during his lunch and didn't today...he acted funny to me this morning also. I just don't know how to juggle everything right now....ok, mabe I'm not doing as well as I thought.... :).

Enough complaining, so sorry for that but I do feel a bit better now! Here are some Trevor-isms for the first 2 1/2 weeks!

-He eats every 2 1/2 hours for at least 45 mins (such a piggy!)

-He smiles at us (we aren't sure if it is gas...but we tell ourselves they are smiles :) )

-He makes the cutest expressions, especially when he is having a meltdown-he is hilarious!

-He can flip on his side by himself!

-He holds his head up

-He makes crawling motions with his legs and arms when he has tummy time

-He hates having his diaper changed or being un-clothed

-He liked his first 'real' bath in the tub-he did pee in the water though and we had to start over.....

-Speaking of peeing....he loves to pee on mommy during diaper change :)

He is such a miracle, I can't imagine life without him now!

1 comments:

Onna on December 15, 2009 at 4:26 PM said...

It does get hectic and the first few weeks/months are the worst. Trying to find that balance between Mom and Wife and all the other things in between! You'll get it though, I'm sure of it. Having a baby is a HUGE change but it's the most wonderful thing ever.
Seems that Trevor is doing so much.

I can't wait to see him.

Post a Comment